This Supervisory Law-California online training course will cover the basics of each area of employment law. The laws governing employment are very complex. The objective of this course is to raise awareness among members at the leadership level so that they are “sensitive” to issues that pose potentially litigious repercussions.
The laws governing employment are very complex. The objective of this course is to raise awareness among members at the leadership level so that they are “sensitive” to issues that pose potentially litigious repercussions. This Supervisory Law-California online training course will only cover the basics of each area of employment law and is not intended to be conclusively the “whole and sum” of the law.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Supervisory Law course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the employer/employee relationship
- Recognize management as agent of the organization
- Speak respectfully
- Treat people fairly
- Support a harassment free workplace
- Document employment decisions
- Partner with HR on terminations
- Be safety conscious
- Ask only job-related questions in interviews
- Be sensitive to needs for leave
- Respect privacy
- Follow wage and hour rules
This online Supervisory Law course is made up of the following sections:
- The Origin of Employment Law
- Your Role in the Organization
- PRACTICE 1: Speak Respectfully
- PRACTICE 2: Treat People Fairly
- PRACTICE 3: Support a Harassment Free Workplace
- PRACTICE 4: Document Employment Decisions
- PRACTICE 5: Partner with HR on Terminations
- PRACTICE 6: Be Safety Conscious
- PRACTICE 7: Ask Only Job-Related Questions in Interviews
- PRACTICE 8: Be Sensitive to Needs for Leave
- PRACTICE 9: Respect Privacy
- PRACTICE 10: Follow Wage and Hour Rules
This Supervisory Law online training course was designed for Supervisors and managers in California.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.