This Lockout/Tagout online training course was designed for HR managers, safety managers and department/site managers, and supervisors in all industries. This course will describe the different types of energy sources, explain the general rules of lockout tagout procedures, and gives you the basic knowledge required to correctly and effectively complete lockout tagout procedures.
Lockout/Tagout can involve various types of energy sources. In this Lockout/Tagout online training course we will describe the different types of energy sources, explain the general rules of lockout/ Tagout procedures and give you the basic knowledge required to correctly and effectively complete lockout Tagout procedures. Of all injuries which occur in the manufacturing and construction sectors, the most serious are usually those where people come into contact with production machines or other pieces of equipment that were inadvertently activated because lockout Tagout procedures did not exist or were not used. Thousands of workers are injured or killed each year. The unfortunate reality is that most of these incidents are easily preventable if proper safety procedures are established, used correctly and consistently.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Lockout Tagout course, users will learn:
- Identify the various sources of energy in machines and devices.
- Explain the term lockout Tagout as a safety system and understand the importance of its use.
- Understand the basic steps of lockout tagout.
- Know many of the pitfalls and special procedures involved in lockout tagout.
- Understand the importance of following established company policies and procedures regarding lockout/ tagout.
- Know how the company can assist their workers in using lockout/ tagout procedures effectively.
This online Lockout Tagout course is made up of the following sections:
- Hazardous Energy Control Program Elements
- Hazardous Energy
- Barriers and Tools
- Lockout/ Tagout Compliance
This Lockout/Tagout online training course was designed for HR managers, safety managers and department or site managers, and supervisors in all industries.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.