This Interpreting Financial Statements online training course is a four-part course and is designed for business professionals from various industry sectors to learn how to use financial statements and to manage business finances. This course explores how to use financial statements, profit and loss statements cash flow statements, and manage your business finances.
This Interpreting Financial Statements online training course explores how to use financial statements and manage your business finances.
In module 1, we will introduce the concept of Financial Statements. In module 2, we will look at Profit and Loss Statements, and Balance Sheets. In module 3, we will explain how Cash Flow Statements can help you to manage the cash you need for your business. We will show you how to prepare a Cash Flow Statement and how to use the Aging of Accounts. In module 4, we will explore the usefulness of financial ratios.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Interpreting Financial Statements course, the user will learn:
- Explain what a Profit and Loss Statement is, and what it is used for
- Explain how to use a Projected Profit and Loss Statement, and a Balance Sheet
- Identify the benefits of regular cash flow analysis
- Describe the three elements of a Cash Flow Statement
- List the steps in preparing a Cash Flow Statement
- Explain aging of accounts and state why it is important
- Describe how to prepare an Accounts Receivable Aging Report
- Explain what financial ratios are and how they are calculated
- Identify the uses of financial ratios
- Give examples of operating ratios and solvency ratios
- Calculate several commonly used ratios using the formulas provided
This online Interpreting Financial Statements course is made up of the following sections:
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Understanding Cash Flow
- Understanding Ratios
This Interpreting Financial Statements online training course was designed for business professionals from various industry sectors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.