This Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] online training course is designed for all employees. In its most recent iteration of sexual harassment prevention laws, the City of Chicago has made it mandatory for all employees to go through 1-hour of bystander intervention training as part of its harassment prevention laws. This training mandate—implemented at a city-level, is the first of its kind. By taking this training, not only will you ensure that you’re compliant with the latest laws in Chicago, but you will also equip yourself and/or your employees with safe ways to intervene if they witness sexual harassment. You will encourage the creation of safe spaces, which will in turn will foster a healthy workplace culture. A healthy workplace culture is critical for any organization that wants to retain and grow their talent pool.
This Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] online training course explores what to do as a bystander witnessing harassment or sexual harassment, in the City of Chicago.
Intervening is not an easy decision. There are emotional and sometimes even physical considerations. When should you intervene? Is it even safe to do so? How do you effectively de-escalate the situation? These are some of the questions this training aims to answer, and the in the process, equip you with active intervention techniques.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] course, the user will learn:
- Explain why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define sexual harassment according to the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- Identify how sexual harassment manifests in the workplace
- Understand institutional structures and cultural conditions that facilitate sexual harassment
- Define a “bystander” and the “Bystander Effect”
- Identify safe and effective intervention techniques
- Recognize how to overcome barriers to intervention
This online Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] course is made up of the following sections:
- Unlawful Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- What is Bystander Intervention
- Intervening in Safe, Productive, and Active Way
- Handling Complaints
- Barriers to Bystander Intervention
This Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] online training course was designed for all employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.